Tuesday, April 20, 2010

365 short but long days.

Written exactly one year today:

I want so badly to say this has been easy, that it has been fun, that it was a lovely day and we ate pizza and we laughed and we packed up and that I am excited. I want so badly to see the positive in all of this, and know that a better outcome is coming. But it’s new, and it’s different, and I just can’t…not tonight at least. Most of my most precious things lie in cardboard boxes. The day is over and tonight I sleep under a different roof, with a different feel. What is so strange is the unfamiliar smell, like I don’t know this place. I don’t know this house, this neighbourhood, this bed, even. In time, though, I hope I get to know this place. In time, I hope I can call this place my ‘home’ and not my ‘house.’

365 short but long days later, and here i am, on this very night which is the 2oth of April.

And reading this tonight, all i can say is, time is your mender.

Time will not fill in the holes, or erase your memories but it will at least cover it, and make the impossible seem possible.


And my image for tonight: Taken one year ago, on my point and shoot camera. I chose it because of the blurriness of it all, mirroring perfectly what i felt in the moment i took it.

12 comments:

  1. such deep thoughts. happy heart 'mending' to you, lovely girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time Passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll be there for the next move hopefully for your new 'home'
    i really do know how it all feels
    lots and lots of love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is a mender... what a perfect word for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully written. i am about to move house after 15 years here, and this post brought tears to my eyes.

    thank-you for the amazing words though. time not quite a healer, but a mender.

    perfection.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondefull words of wisdom. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (exhale) what an amazing post... I'm glad you are "home" now.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. Glad you've accepted your new home and even feel "at home" now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely honest and beautiful post. Such wise words... Thank you for being so open.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have written this. Have you moved? I've moved 9 times in the last 10 years and it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank-you for sharing these beautiful words. hope that you are finding happiness... :-)

    have a splendid week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for coming by my blog. I've added you to my reader list. I love how you write and your photos are beautiful.

    Since getting married in 2001, we've lived in 7 different houses. Our current house we have been in for 3 years. Moving is tough but it allows us to make so many friends. And helps us define ourselves anew.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are more than welcome and greatly appreciated. If you wish to chat further, email me here: kat.schultz@hotmail.com