Monday, November 12, 2012

That's this, that's that.














That's Sophie, my growing sister, in our front yard just before dinner on a Wednesday night. Meg, in between shots for casper&pearl's new collection and Rosie, hungover on a Sunday and draped in my fairy lights on my bedroom floor.



I sit here with the house asleep and my cup of tea, looking through folders from the past few months as I annotate the images within them quietly in my head. "That's this, that's that" i say to myself. My greatest thought these days is the future. The excitement as i realise one day, way down the road, should i be so lucky I will cover an entire room with prints. There will be prints of my photographs everywhere of faces I know and knew. The places I've been, people I've loved and love. The very photos you see on this blog will appear beside me, and i'll tell you about each one. I will stand there and point to each one, and be able to tell you a tale about the day it happened or the person in focus. Maybe I'll show my children, or my children's children.

So stick around with me, I'm going to grow, see more, love more, shoot far more and things are going to get better and better.

And things around this blog will be changing soon, I do hope you will like it.

xx

4 comments:

  1. beautiful images and words xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, your photos are among the most beautiful I have ever seen, and I am so excited to keep watching you grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girl and words. xxx JW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish i lived in Adelaide so i could take you for coffee. You are such a beautiful (as well as talented) girl. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are more than welcome and greatly appreciated. If you wish to chat further, email me here: kat.schultz@hotmail.com